Stahly Engineering is seeking a site civil / subdivisions project engineer to join our team! We are looking for an individual to complete engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements for a variety of private and public projects across the State of Montana. This position is an exciting opportunity to assist our clients with overall planning for development, site design, infrastructure design, and coordination with local, state, and federal agencies. As part of our company-wide civil engineering team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, challenging, and positive work atmosphere where long-term professional relationships with clients and coworkers will be developed
Essential Functions of the Job
- May serve at the direction of the Project Manager, Senior Engineer, or Principal
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, and Supervision.
- Design skills and technical understanding of engineering fields that may include
- transportation related design;
- water distribution and treatment;
- sewer collection and treatment;
- structural engineering; and
- storm water drainage, including hydrology and hydraulics.
- Skill and experience in the project management process
- Knowledge of engineering related support services that may include survey, geotechnical practices, material testing, permitting requirements, and construction management/inspection
- Knowledge of safety management practices and ability to direct a project team in safety related practices
- Ability to supervise other professionals and manage sub-contracted service contractors
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Communication and writing skills
- Documentation skills
- Ability to write and review contract documents and specifications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and clientele in a team-oriented environment
- Capability to conduct public relations activities required for projects which may include client contact, city and county governments, state agencies, federal agencies, and public meetings.
Required Education and Experience
B.A. or B.S. in Civil Engineering, Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.), minimum of 4 years of engineering experience, including EI experience.
Please provide resume and references to Human Resources: 3530 Centennial Drive, Helena, MT 59601. Stahly Engineering & Associates is an employee-owned company and an Equal Opportunity Employer.