Stahly is hiring a project engineer to work on structural engineering projects. Deals with all portions of the design and works with all applicable codes (IBC, IRC, ACI, ASCE). This position with work directly with the Structural manager and will be placed in charge of multiple projects as needed. Must be capable in Autocad and Revit.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Serves at the direction of the Structural Manager.
- Responsible for producing complete plan sets ready for review by the manager.
- May serve as Project Engineer or Project Manager on design projects and is responsible for client management as needed.
- Helps develop technical processes and methods within the department to promote design efficiency.
- Develops and maintains CAD standards for structural design drawings and details.
- Ensures that the proper codes and standards are used within the department.
- Provides input on technical and code issues within the department and ensures that code issues are addressed uniformly across the department.
- Ensures that current software is provided that allows thorough and efficient design.
- Maintains company reputation by ensuring that federal and state regulations are complied with.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires thorough structural analysis and design knowledge including lateral (wind and seismic) and gravity design utilizing all major design materials.
- In-depth knowledge of all major structural design codes.
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design skills.
- Thorough knowledge in the preparation of structural design drawings and details.
- Ability to establish relationships with department staff and clientele.
Required Education and Experience
B.A. or B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering, Professional Engineer (P.E.)
Please provide resume and references to Human Resources: 3530 Centennial Drive, Helena, MT 59601 or click below.
Equal Opportunity Employer.