Stahly Engineering & Associates is looking for a professional engineer to provide oversight of the department’s management; including goal setting, marketing and monitoring of department finances; specifically managing revenue, expenses, backlog, procurement and profit of the department. As part of our company-wide engineering and survey team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, challenging, and positive work atmosphere where long-term professional relationships with clients and coworkers will be developed.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Active in a team leadership role with the Water/Wastewater Department Technical Lead
- Motivate and recognize employees; focused on department staff
- Responsible for financial health of all projects within the department.
- May serve as Project Engineer or Project Manager on design projects and will be responsible for client management within the department.
- Set goals and benchmarks for the department and be responsible for work required to achieve them
- Define target markets and develop marketing strategies for the department to promote department growth.
- Responsible for providing resources to the Project Managers to meet project deadlines and budgets. Determine priorities in the department matching resources with department project needs and deadlines.
- Assist with providing mentoring and training opportunities to staff within the department.
- Promote an open environment being approachable for mentoring and guidance on management and co-worker issues. First resource for management and co-worker issues.
- Responsible for managing backlog in the department, balancing marketing with workload needs, growth goals and profit.
- Provide opportunities for career growth and advancement to staff within the department.
- Assist the Technical Lead in their role of providing technical guidance to staff, quality control for projects and deliverables.
- Participate in community/business related activities; including items such as County/City boards, Civic Organizations, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires technical knowledge in the department’s area of expertise.
- Knowledge of management skills; including finance, marketing, and people skills
- Skill and experience in staff supervision and project management.
- Knowledge in the preparation of drawings, details and technical deliverables.
- Ability to establish and maintain mentoring relationships with department staff.
Required Education and Experience
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.), minimum of 8 years of engineering experience.
Please provide resume and references to Human Resources: 3530 Centennial Drive, Helena, MT 59601 or visit https://www.seaeng.com/jobs/wwwmanager/.
Stahly is proud to be Employee-Owned and an Equal Opportunity Employer.