Stahly Engineering & Associates is looking for a professional engineer to have oversight of the water/wastewater department’s technical output and provide guidance and quality control for projects with more advanced technical requirements; promotes mentoring and career development of Project and Staff Engineers/Surveyors within the department; and maintains design, CAD, and software standards.
Essential Functions of the Job
- May serve as Project Engineer or Project Manager on design projects and will be responsible for client management within the department.
- Develops technical processes and methods within the department to promote design efficiency.
- Provides mentoring and training opportunities to Project and Staff Engineers within the department.
- Promotes an open environment and is approachable for mentoring and guidance on technical issues.
- Maintains quality control of products produced by the department through review processes.
- Provides opportunities for career growth and advancement to Project and Staff Engineers within the department.
- Responsible for reviewing and recommending training of staff to department and office management for approval.
- Assists the Department Manager for review, goal setting and monitoring of departmental finance; specifically, revenue, expenses, backlog, procurement and profit of the department.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough technical knowledge in water distribution and treatment and wastewater collection and treatment.
- In-depth knowledge of all guidelines, codes and laws.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing documents (i.e. Preliminary Engineering Reports, Environmental Assessments, etc.) used for funding public projects.
- Skill and experience in staff supervision and project management.
- Knowledge in the preparation of drawings, details and technical deliverables.
- Ability to establish and maintain mentoring relationships with department staff.
Required Education and Experience
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.), minimum of 8 years of engineering experience, including EI experience.
Please provide resume and references to Human Resources: 3530 Centennial Drive, Helena, MT 59601 or visit https://www.seaeng.com/jobs/wwwtechlead/
Stahly is proud to be Employee-Owned and an Equal Opportunity Employer.